1. Heat oil in large saute pan (medium heat), add mustard seeds and ginger.
2. Once seeds begin to pop, add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, cabbage, chiles, cashews, peas, turmeric, lemon juice and salt to taste. Once cooked, about 6 to 7 minutes, cool and fold in cooked potatoes.
4. When cooled, add cilantro and reserve.
1. Mix flour and salt. Add toasted cumin seeds and butter or ghee. Mix in ice water and form like pastry dough, adding additional water as needed. Cool in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
2. Roll out dough, about same thickness as pie dough (1/8-inch thick). Cut into circles, 3-inch to 3 1/4-inch in diameter (using a ring or a glass). Egg wash edges of dough and fill with a generous teaspoon of vegetable mixture. Fold over in a half-moon shape and crimp edges with a fork.
3. Deep-fry in 350 F. oil or bake in 400 F. oven for 23 to 25 minutes. Serve with mint or coconut chutney.
*For a denser consistency, substitute potato flour.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission
Please note that some ingredients and brands may not be available in every store.