The gift that's received twice -- when it's given and when it's baked and eaten
1 Ratings 0 Comments
Yield: 3 dozen
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a 1-quart wide mouth canning jar, layer brown sugar, white sugar, cocoa, chopped pecans and chocolate chips. Place ingredients in jar one at a time, packing down well before adding the next ingredient.
3. Add the flour mixture. The fit will be very snug.
4. Attach a tag to the jar with the following instructions:
Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large mixing bowl until blended.
3. Add cookie mix; mix well, breaking up any clumps.
4. Shape into walnut-size balls and place 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
6. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then move to wire rack.
Please note that some ingredients and brands may not be available in every store.